How to Apply
Best Place to Work Award 2015/2016/2019/2020 & 2021 from Prairie Business Magazine
Applications are available online at www.midwestfire.com. To apply, please email application or resume to email@example.com. You may also apply in person at our facility located at 901 Commerce Rd, Luverne MN, office hours are 8 A.M to 5 P.M Monday thru Friday.
Job Posting – Purchasing Agent
Employer: Midwest Fire Equipment & Repair
Best Place to Work Award 2015/2016/2019/2020/2021 from Prairie Business Magazine
Location: Luverne, MN
Employment Type: Full-Time Position
Midwest Fire is seeking an individual to work in our office environment located in Luverne, MN where we manufacture emergency fire apparatus. We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, is organized, and motivated.
Purchase Management Activities:
o Plan, organize & maintain scheduling for all activities related to purchasing for manufactured parts and cataloged parts (Kanban & special ordering) to meet expectations and standards of the current production schedule, as well as meeting quality specifications.
o Provide bi-weekly updates to team on status of parts.
o Provide assistance with ordering pumps, bodies, & chassis, and new option requests (NOR’s)
- Vendor management & relation: maintain and build relationship with current and new vendors. Research and development of new parts, scheduling training etc. or requests that come from the leadership team.
- Fishbowl Inventory System – maintain continuous updates to pricing of parts, vendor updates, bill of materials, weekly review inventory adjustments, purchasing orders, confirmation etc.
- Inventory Management – maintain bi-annual inventory counts (tag count, location count), along with review of information with office manager, and reporting out to leadership team.
- Engineering Change Order Management: assist production and project management with product knowledge to best improve our product, review products as the ECO nears completion, work with business support to ensure these items are completed in a timely manner.
- Keep work area safe and clean.
- Support and comply with the safety requirements and professionalism standards established.
- Support and comply with safety requirements and standards.
- Lean Manufacturing training/knowledge
- Experience with scheduling
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Experience with spreadsheet, word processing applications and basic knowledge of emerging technologies
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Listening and problem-solving skills
- Maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Sound judgment and proven leadership skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in purchasing for a manufacturing business/systems environment.How to Apply: To apply, please send an e-mail with your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply in person at our facility located at 901 Commerce Rd, Luverne MN, office hours are 8 A.M to 5 P.M Monday through Friday. We will be taking applications through February 3rd, 2023.