Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Employer: Midwest Fire Equipment & Repair
Best Place to Work Award 2015 & 2016 from Prairie Business Magazine
Location: Luverne, MN
Employment Type: Full-Time Position
Midwest Fire is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to lead its manufacturing operation. The full-time, leadership position is based at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Luverne, Minnesota. Skills & characteristics that will receive thoughtful consideration – strong leadership skills, strong mechanical engineering skills, background in lean/continuous improvement culture, industrious, high-energy, organized, positive, fun.
- Identify, organize and lead teams to resolve production and product issues
- Identify and implement cost savings and safety initiatives
- Adapt machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions
- Design arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Train lower level employees in the Engineering Department.
- Have the knowledge and ability to design products that corresponds with the overall goals and look of the company
- Draft drawings that are easily readable and understandable with all pertinent information included
- Troubleshoot and solve manufacturing issues in a timely manner on a as needed basis
- Discuss designs with the Leadership Team on ways to make manufacturing easier while improving the product at the same time
- Verify that drawings made off of the designs show the original design intent
- Send engineering related files to vendors such as .dxf, .stp, and/or .pdf files
- Lead person on R & D projects
- Develop training manuals as needed
- Determine a course of action based on design
- Provide variations of designs for different construction circumstances
- Use drafting tools and computer-aided drafting (CAD) systems to prepare technical drawing that include structural, electrical, and mechanical components
- Calculation of chassis weight and balance
- Assist with specifying purchase parts
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in engineering, production management, project management or similar role in a complex business and manufacturing/systems environment.
- Knowledge of NFPA, ANSI and other applicable standards
- Lean Manufacturing training/knowledge
- Experience with spreadsheet, word processing applications and basic knowledge of emerging technologies
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Listening and problem-solving skills
- Maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Sound judgment and proven leadership skills
- Detail oriented, well prepared and organized
How to Apply
To apply, please send an e-mail with your current resume to email@example.com.