Best Place to Work Award 2015/2016/2019/2020, 2021 & 2023 from Prairie Business Magazine
Job Posting – Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Luverne, MN
Employment Type: Full-Time Position
Midwest Fire is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to lead its manufacturing operation. The full-time, leadership position is based at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Luverne, Minnesota. Skills & characteristics that will receive thoughtful consideration – strong leadership skills, strong mechanical engineering skills, background in lean/continuous improvement culture, industrious, high-energy, organized, positive, fun.
- Identify, organize and lead teams to resolve production and product issues
- Identify and implement cost savings and safety initiatives
- Adapt machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions
- Design arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Train lower level employees in the Engineering Department.
- Have the knowledge and ability to design products that correspond with the overall goals and look of the company
- Draft drawings that are easily readable and understandable with all pertinent information included
- Troubleshoot and solve manufacturing issues in a timely manner on a as needed basis
- Discuss designs with the Leadership Team on ways to make manufacturing easier while improving the product at the same time
- Verify that drawings made off of the designs show the original design intent
- Send engineering related files to vendors such as .dxf, .stp, and/or .pdf files
- Lead person on R & D projects
- Develop training manuals as needed
- Determine a course of action based on design
- Provide variations of designs for different construction circumstances
- Use drafting tools and computer-aided drafting (CAD) systems to prepare technical drawing that include structural, electrical, and mechanical components
- Calculation of chassis weight and balance
- Assist with specifying purchase parts
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in engineering, production management, project management or similar role in a complex business and manufacturing/systems environment.
- Knowledge of NFPA and other applicable standards
- Lean Manufacturing training/knowledge
- Experience with spreadsheet, word processing applications and basic knowledge of emerging technologies
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Listening and problem-solving skills
- Maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Sound judgment and proven leadership skills
- Detail oriented, well prepared and organized
How to Apply
To apply, please send an e-mail with your current resume to email@example.com.
Job Posting – Sales Representative
Employment Type: Full-Time Position
Midwest Fire Equipment & Repair Company (Midwest Fire) is looking for a proven Sales Professional to join our growing company. Midwest Fire is a family-owned firm founded in 1987. We design & manufacture some of the most innovative, durable, multi-use firetrucks across North America. If you have a strong background in business development, professional sales & working as part of a high-performance team, we’d like to talk to you. The position comes with an excellent package of compensation & benefits.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must have excellent knowledge of the fire truck industry & specifically how fire departments utilize the trucks we manufacture (tanker-pumper, pumper, quick-attack, brush truck, Type 3, mini-pumper) to serve their communities. This position requires strong interpersonal skills, the ability to relate to all types of personalities to develop strong business relationships and work comfortably within any market segments. He/she should be motivated and a dedicated team player with the ability to build and foster strong long-term business relationships with clients and influence decision-makers at the highest levels. This individual should have an entrepreneurial spirit and the expertise to help build a business with a global brand and reputation. This position requires an experienced & dynamic individual with a track record of exceeding sales targets and has experience developing a corporate development strategy.
- College degree (preferred)
- Solid computer skills – Microsoft, Salesforce CRM, Zoom, etc.
- Strong desire to assist customers/prospects in finding the best fire truck solution for their needs
- Some domestic travel required
Please email resume to Sarah@midwestfire.com.