Job Title: Sales Representative (Fire Trucks)
Location: Luverne, MN
Employment Type: Full-Time Position
Midwest Fire Equipment & Repair Company (Midwest Fire) is growing and we have room for one more experienced Sales Professional to join our operation in Luverne, MN. Midwest Fire is a family owned company founded in 1987 that designs & manufactures some of the most innovative, durable, multi-use firetrucks across North America. We’re proud to have been recognized by the Prairie Business Magazine as Best Place to Work in 2015 & 2016. If you have a proven success in business development, professional sales & enjoy working in a challenging and fun team environment, we’d like to talk to you.
The sales representative’s primary responsibility is to attain or exceed the agreed upon goals in trucks sold and revenue realized while in alignment with the company vision, mission and core values.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute an Individual Sales Plan in collaboration with the Sales Manager.
- Respond to all inbound leads which include sales inquiries, questions, RFPs, Grant Funding needs in the following manner:
- Reply to request the same day received.
- Treat each inquiry with the same passion and commitment (hot or cool)
- Diligently work to make connection if their response is not immediate
- Note all activity and set a long term follow up plan if response is minimal
- Responsible for generating opportunities, identifying and qualifying prospects and following the sales MWF process, which includes:
- Develop a referral system and habit of asking to assist with self-generated opportunities.
- Follow up diligently with all trade-show contacts collected at events.
- Phone prospecting and setting and keeping appointments.
- Enters information into Sales Force daily as per the company processes and sales process.
- Effectively communicates at all organizational levels
- Responsible for introducing the company’s products to new markets
- Create proposals, presentations and contract negotiations
- Develop and build relationships with business partners (completion centers, manufactures)
- Makes sales presentations to potential and existing clients at our facility and theirs
- Responsible for maintaining an acceptable lead conversation and conversion (sale) ratio for company supplied leads.
- Transitions new business from sales to production and project management departments in an effective, efficient manner
- Actively identifies client needs and ensures profitable solution based selling to increase revenues and create value added customer relationships
- Effectively manages client relationships
- Participates in functions to include tradeshows, presentations, meetings, weekly sales meeting, monthly one-on-one meeting, and etc.
- Protect company proprietary and confidential information in accordance with Midwest Fire Confidentiality policy and Corporate Information Security Policies and Procedures
- Local administrative duties
- Other duties may be assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hand to finger movements, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Team lifts are required over 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment with occasional duties in the manufacturing facility.
Compensation: Salary plus incentives
To be considered for this position follow the following process:
After reviewing our website (www.midwestfire.com) send us a cover letter and resume explaining:
- What is it about Midwest Fire that you see is an advantage in the fire truck market place?
- What are the five different apparatus we sell?
- Why you believe you are a good fit for this position?
Please email your cover letter and resume to Sarah@midwestfire.com